Incrementing values

• 30 March 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

i've got a SharePoint list with a number column. Everytime I start a process that number should be read out (GetList item), incremented (data event?) and wrote back to that list (update list item).

I have already tried it out by using the data event with the following values:
Source: numberColumn+1
Destination: numberColumn

Although in K2 studio no error or warning message is displayed, the process stops with the error "numberColumn is not existing or initialized".

Is it possible to implement that by using the data event?

What else could I do (except writing a webservice for incrementing)?

Many thanks in advance!
amanax

4 replies

Badge +7

Not sure if it is the best solution, but brobably you should define 2 datafields: ListItemID and numberColumnValue, then just fill them with SharePoint List event, increment the value of numberColumnValue variable and then update your List using ListItemID and a new value

Badge +4

Hi webber77, 

thank you for your answer. But that's actually exaxctly what I do. How do you increment the value? I've tried it with a data event but, however, that doesn't succeed but throws an error (as mentioned above).

greetz
amanax

Badge +8

Currently there is no functionality to do calculations other than through external references.  There is a new feature in the works that will allow this sort of in-line calculation but it has not been released yet.

-Eric

Badge +4

hi eric,

many thanks for that information!

amanax