cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Start a workflow based on the date in the date field when it is equal to today’s date?

Jump to solution

I have created a list with over 6 different date fields, the idea of this is to start 6 different workflows on the corresponding dates. The dates are set in the future one week after the other. My question is, how do I start a workflow based on the date in the date field when it is equal to today’s date and so on and so on?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rhia
Nintex Newbie

Re: Start a workflow based on the date in the date field when it is equal to today’s date?

Jump to solution

Hey

Hm, actually, I think that I'd have a site workflow that checks those dates every day.

Look at DATE 1, DATE 2, DATE 3, so on -- if any of those dates are equal to "Current Date", then trigger X1, X2, or X3 workflow. If not, then don't - end workflow. I see 6 parallel streams.

Pretty simple workflow and will run pretty smoothly. Let me know if you need a mock-up ....I realize you posted this in March so you probably don't anymore, but hey, what the heck.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Start a workflow based on the date in the date field when it is equal to today’s date?

Jump to solution

the other option could be to use scheduling capabilities of Start workflow action, which can used for list workflows too.

so you would have one list workflow started at item creation that would in turn scheduled in parallel start of those 6 workflow on a given dates.

both approaches have their pros and cons, you have to consider what's better for your specific case.