Notification Activities left in Running State

• 23 December 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Why is it that any Server Event or Notification Event is left in a Running state when there are more than 1 output lines.  These lines do not have any line rules configured, so by default shouldn't these all resolve to true?

2 replies

Badge +10

That's true that lines without rules automatically resolve to true so I doubt the problem lies there.

Not sure if this applies but make sure that the problem isn't in one of the connected activities.  I recently ran into an issue where my process was stuck in a running state and when looking at the view flow it appeared that the problem was in Activity A since that was the one that was shown in blue as running.  However, when I did some more troubleshooting I found that the problem was actually in Activity B in how the destination rule was configured.

I suspect that the K2 audit trail hadn't caught up to where the process was currently at before it got stuck in a running state.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Badge +4

Please disregard.  It turns out that this event completed as normal but it was the next activity that got held up at the destination rule.  It's funny that the view log doesn't update until the next activity starts successfully.