K2 Worklist control on a Smartform

• 17 October 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Hi All

I'm using the K2 worklist control which is embeded into a smartform for the project I'm working on.

when worklist items are opened via a smartform the user has the option to approve/reject - using rules in the smartform I can force the user to submit some comments.

However if the user approves or rejects via the worklist then I cant see a way to force any interaction - therefore items can be approved or rejected and the required comments can be bypassed.

My question - is there any way to interact with the outcome actions on a worklist control?

thanks

Paul

2 replies

Badge +10

No.  If you need to have the user add comments into the form, or more generally interact with a form as part of a workflow task, you need to disable the "Make the action available without opening the work item" in the "Add Actions" dialog.  This will force the user to open the form.  That option also applies to email approvals as well.

I'm not aware of any other workarounds.

Regards,

Tim

Badge +3

Hello Paul,

I think you can't use any validation on the form when actioning the task from the Worklist control.

so, if you need to make any validation on the form before actioning the task you must open the form first, then use approve/reject actions from the form itself.

And simply you can jsut hide the approve/reject action from the worklist control.

Thank you.