cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Show on Newform the Count of Specific Items in the List

Jump to solution

I am trying to setup a training registration form (CF Training), with 5 specific sessions available as radio buttons that a user can select from. Once a specific session has been selected 10 times, this option should be disabled or user should see a message indicating that the session is overbooked.

I can write a workflow to update another list (CF Counter) with a running counter against each session, and use lookup on the registration form to display how many times that session has been chosen.

What I am wondering is if there is another way to count this number from within CF Training list itself? 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Show on Newform the Count of Specific Items in the List

Jump to solution
Hi,

I would tackle this solution like this.
First create a number column in SharePoint that defaults to the Number 1. This will be used to count the entries for a session.

On the form add a Calculated value control that looks up the list to see how may of a particular session has been booked.
Function would look like this:
sum(lookup("CF Training","Session",ChoiceControl,"countNumber1",true))

The above formula will sum up all the Number 1's from a column called "countNumber1" and tell you how many of that session already exists on the list.

Next. Out of the box you cannot disable just one choice so you could use a valaidation rule to say that if the calculated value control equals 10 then invalidate the choice control and provide a message that the session is full.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos