cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Set Field Value Help

Hi guys, I am having trouble setting field value. I am trying to set the I have 2 columns. 1 .Responsible Persons and 2. Responsible Persons Manager.

I am using a set field value function to update the Responsible Persons Manager according to the Responsible Persons manager if the field under the Responsible Persons is filled out. I am using User profiles to do this.

My workflow

This is my config

It works, but if I fill out 2 Responsible Persons. It will only update the Responsible Persons Manager field to show 1 of the manager for the 2nd employee. I need the field to display 2 of the Managers. If you guys can help please do thank you!

PS: Both columns type are Person or Group is that the reason why?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Set Field Value Help

that's not possible this way.

you'll have to split Employees_names with use of a regular expression action into single names and store into a collection variable.

then iterate over the collection with for each loop and lookup a Manager for each single person. store list of managers into a separate collection.

finally, after the loop perform list field update with managers collection value.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Sorry but how do I go about doing that? I can't seem to store the employee name item property into a collection variable.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

you can do directly assign people field/variable to a collection variable.

as I've mentioned above you have to do it through regular expression

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply