Solved

Create New AD User Reference crashes Smartforms Item Reference

• 28 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

In K2Studio, as soon as I try to add my create new AD user to a Reference Field so I can use it later on in the workflow so I can to add to groups, etc. it crashes the Item Reference that starts the workflow.

Everything seems to deploy and work OK except that I can't expand the Item Reference any more in the Object Browser.

However, when I try to run the form I get an error:

"An exception occurred. Exception: The Item Reference is missing (displayName) attribute."

If I run the Smartforms integration wizard again the Item Reference is there and if I remove it and try re-adding it I get the same error.

Even if I remove the Create AD User task from the workflow it doesn't make any difference, the entire workflow is completely busted and I have to start all over again.

I tried it several times using clean workflows and different formssmartobjects but the same thing happens as soon as I tick the "Add User to this Reference field" check box in the AD event wizard.

In an identical workflow with everything except that check box ticked, everything continues to work fine.

But this means I can't do any further AD tasks in the workflow for the new user as I don't have the username.

15927i0124969FC18524EB.jpg
13138i56EAD7A079CDF7F0.jpg
15806i55AB8A92A5781A35.jpg
14778i4CBB0AC1A5808656.jpg

icon

Best answer by RLP 29 May 2017, 07:44

View original

3 replies

I am experiencing the same issue. Anyone know what this is and how to fix? My whole workflow is wrecked because of this bug.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

JPringle:

I see you created a Support Ticket for this issue, as well. Thank you for that. We will investigate this, and I will update this post when a solution is found.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail

Just thought I'd update.

K2 have added a fix for this problem to the May Cumulative Update.

I have applied and tested and so far so good.