Succeeding rule and item on list

• 4 September 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello! Today when I was working on my workflow I got new problem. I want to create task (on the task list in sharepoint) after creating the task check the value on the list on item created previously if statement condition is true then go to the next step ,if not wait for change in right value on item. For example I have column named percent complete, when percent complete is 100 its true if not wait for changing the value to 100. It's normal while in visual studio. Screen will make it easier to understand:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8743/capture2y.png

DefaultActivity2 with smartobject event have succeeding rule no percent complete == 100. Now I want to wait for user to change the value. How can I make this? Is it even possible? I can get the succeeding rule it'll stop or continue but when value will change to 100 it wont go next.

Thanks 

Y

edit:

Ok I read documentation and now I know that succeeding rule or preceding rule is one way only and then workflow won't waint for user or event interaction. I found that sharepoint workflow integration can have a loop like here:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/695/capture2p.png

But it'll do task in K2 worklist which I don't want to have. Is it possible to make loop or wait for some integration ?

Y

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

You can create a line that has a rule on it that states if percomplete is less than 100 it is to execute. The line can be looped back onto the activity so as long as the percent complete is less than 100 it will retry the activity. Now this can create some load on the server as you are creating a continuously looping activity. Another step is I would edit the start rule on the activity to wait a period of time just to manage load better. Just think of a realistic expectation for a period of time the item may be changed say one hour or even 8 hours to allow for a typical work day and then the process will try again. 

In this scenario you wouldn't need the succeeding rule, you just use a line rule to loop back and then use the start rule to control the frequency the status is checked.