Can you use a Nintex form in a Sharepoint Library?

• 11 April 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

We are trying out Nintex Workflows and Forms 2016. Previously we have been using InfoPath in our SharePoint 2016 environment. I have figured out how to make a Nintex form the default form template in a SharePoint List, but I can't seem to see how you will do the same in a SharePoint Library?

8 replies

Badge +16

do you not have the nintex forms customize forms button in the ribbon (library tab) on your library?

Badge +3

Hi Cassy. I do have the button, but it is greyed out.

When I look at the items in my library, I can see they still have the purple InfoPath icon. So I am assuming I need to delete the template somewhere. In a list I was able to do this by changing the default form back to SharePoint form, then deleting the InfoPath template. I am not sure if there is something similar to this in a Library.

Badge +16

What permissions do you have to the library?

Badge +8

Alternatively, you can access Nintex Form using below link:

http://siteurl/_layouts/15/NintexForms/ListFormDesigner.aspx?List={ListGUID}  

ListGUID can be obtained by editing the list settings and copying it from the address bar.

Badge +3

Hi there

Thanks for the replies. This is not a list, it is a Document Library. What I didn't mention as well, is that it is a Form Library. So it is a Library, with the default document type set to Infopath.

‌ I have full control permissions on this form library

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Kirk,

unfortunately with Nintex Forms you cannot have a "form library" with forms that opens with Nintex Forms..

You can customize also a Document Library, so when you upload a document, the form that shows document properties is made with Nintex Forms, but you cannot do with a Form Library (the properties form is the form itself, and it's currently not supported)

My suggestion is: could you change the scenario and use a list instead of a form library? In this way, each list item will open showing the Nintex Forms

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

To elaborate further on this, an Infopath form library contains actual files, rather like Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.

Therefore, it would be impossible to replace these forms (files) with a Nintex form as a Nintex form does not create an individual file.

As ‌ suggests the closest equivalent of what you're looking for is a list with a Nintex form. But remember, you are not creating a file with your Nintex form, you are creating an interface to populate data into rows. The same applies to a Document library as you are providing an interface for the user to populate metadata into a row that also contains a document.

Badge +3

Thanks everyone your comments. I think this answers my question now.