Issues with the call web service action

• 23 October 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I seem to be having issues with the call web service action. I am calling a Lotus Notes web service and logging errors. I am receiving the following error: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: requestUriString". The strange thing is that there is no input parameter in my web service by that name. Another member of my team has built a quick .Net solution to call the web service and has been successful in doing so while providing the same input parameters as me. To rule out a firewall issue on my server I built a .exe from the .Net solution and was able to successfully run it from my SharePoint server. Any ideas?? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The error is coming from an internal issue, maybe at runtime it could not resolve the address to the web service? Is this the error you receive in the history log? At the time of the error, have you checked the ULS logs for any further information? Also, one of the most common issues with web services are permission/access issues. Not necessarily firewall issues, but anything else that can effect the account login.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What's the SOAP look like that you passing the web service call?   Click on the SOAP editor and copy and paste that here.

Thanks

Badge +1

Below is the context from the SOAP editor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:m="urn:DefaultNamespace">
  <soap:Header>
  </soap:Header>
  <soap:Body>
    <m:SR>
      <KEYIN>33itservicereqwebsvc229567</KEYIN>
      <RESULT>
      </RESULT>
      <REQID>
      </REQID>
      <URLEMAIL>
      </URLEMAIL>
      <REQUESTERLOGINID>rgerek</REQUESTERLOGINID>