How to assign task to the selected user.

• 11 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi All,

We use SharePoint 2013 in our company and want to utilize K2 for our processes. We have a very simple approval scenario. 

We use a SharePoint list with one column and this column is of type person or group (only person selection is allowed). When a staff creates a new item. We want to open a task to the selected user in the list item for approval. This approver can be any person (not the originator or the manager of the originator). This is a very simple scenario however, I can not figure out how to achieve this using K2 Designer, K2 for Visual Studio or K2 Studio. 

I use  the Default Client Event for the approval activity and try to set the destination user. In "Context browser->Process Activity Data-> Item Reference" there are two fields for the person or  group column but one of these fields contains an id  and the other contains a value which is not a valid username. So I can not assign the approval task.

I spent several hours trying to figure out how to achieve this simple scenerio using K2 but failed.  I do not want to think of the other complex scenarios that we have Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sinan UYSAL.

11832i9982D98293EC7311.png

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

What if you "wrap" the list with the SharePoint Content Service service?

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.4/webframe.html#sp_csom_service.html

In your process just do a get list to retrieve the required list item and in turn the desired destination user.

Regards
Pieter