Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mdom
Nintex Newbie

No End to State Machine

Jump to solution

Hi, Just wondering if someone could please explain this?

It was supposed to end the state machine on Rejection but somehow kept going...

How is it that it didn't end the state machine? I did search but had no luck.

I have changed the workflow in case this happens again but want to make sure I am using the action correctly.

Any feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: No End to State Machine

Jump to solution

change state action take place just at the end of state machine branch.

you can have it as a very first action within state machine branch, still all the action down the branch will be executed and just at the end it will be evaluated what should be be next Sm state.

if you have several states down the branch, the latest executed one is applied.

see details in documentation

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.ChangeS... 

mdom
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Cheers for the speedy response.

Does the "End Workflow" action also work the same way within a State Machine?

Edit:

" The states can be made to run in any order and conditions in one state can cause another state to be re-run. The workflow continues executing actions in the state machine until it encounters a Change State action set to "End State Machine." The workflow then exits the state machine and continues with any actions defined below the state machine.

Note: To end a state machine, use the Change State action set to "End State Machine." Errors result from attempting to end state machines using End Workflow or other actions. "

That is kind of frustrating, I think all I read previously was "The workflow then exits the state machine and continues with any actions defined below the state machine."

Which it doesn't really do, It really just heads towards the exit at that state and completes all actions along the way. I think the End Workflow would be handy here but i'll just chuck in some variables. Just needed clarification so cheers again.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

there are as well paragraphs that say

I agree it need not be very obvious from this that state change applies at the end of branch and all the actions down the branch have to be executed. but that's what it talks about.

you will have to use run-if/set condition actions not to run certain set of actions.

mdom
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

An "End State" action might be handy, but for now cheers for all the info!

Much Appreciated.