Options (ellipses) for name fields and variables not available

• 23 September 2019
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Hi all,

I've been noticing an issue with some recent workflows where I am attempting to capture display names, when I click the ellipses, nothing comes up. I can't choose how I want the name to be displayed. This doesn't happen with any other girls types.

Can someone please provide a workaround or resolution please.

Thanks! 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Are you able to provide exact replication steps so that I can test the functionality.
I have a feeling this is expected behavior but I would like to test.
Badge +8

@SimonMuntz wrote:
Hi,

Are you able to provide exact replication steps so that I can test the functionality.
I have a feeling this is expected behavior but I would like to test.

I create a person variable and when I do the set variable action and click the ellipses that is to the right of that person field on the list nothing happens. It does not open up to the options of choosing display name.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Try a different browser.
What happens if you put your site URL into the trusted sites in the internet options?
Badge +8

@SimonMuntz wrote:
Hi,
Try a different browser.
What happens if you put your site URL into the trusted sites in the internet options?

I've tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer...same results.

I have not added it to trusted sites as that is managed by out security team. Since it is an organization site, I'm certain its "trusted" anyway. This problem has just began with certain workflows. I haven't encountered this problem with any of the older workflows I've done.