cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Nintex related UnKnown job is failing daily on SP On-Prem 2013

Hello Guys,

I'm seeing a weird issue on my environment in recent times. Daily around 6:20AM one job is running and is failing. If I see the running jobs screen, I can see the job name. Once it is completed, I am unable to see the job name on failed jobs page. It is just showing empty for Name column and time other details can be seen.

Suppose yesterday I have seen the job name like: nwl-queue-recycle-execute-617e4b68-ad75-4e4a-a1a1-0977b063a0a8 (I have to see running jobs screen in 6:20AM time to get the name of the job)

so if I click on this name, I can delete this job.

But today if I check the name it is like: nwl-queue-recycle-execute-8b058550-e998-4a14-9672-3e63d2fd4312

We recently upgraded to Nintex WF 3.1.7.0On both DEV n PROD, I'm seeing the same issue at the same time (6:21AM)

Any one experienced this issue? How to get rid of this one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Soni

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex related UnKnown job is failing daily on SP On-Prem 2013

Soni,

The job "nwl-queue-recycle-execute-GUID" is a daily job that recycles the Nintex Live Workflow Queue service. If this job is failing it's possible that it is unable to restart the service on the server it is running on.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

Workflow Hero

Thank You so much Andrew! This helps me analyzing the job.

But looks like I do have another issue on my server. Nintex workflow queue service is not running on server (web server -> services).

But when I check services on server from central admin, it is running. Is it matter? All workflows are running with no issues on my environment.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Soni,

That could be the reason the recycle timer job is failing.

To be more specific, the timer job recycles the "Nintex Live Workflow Queue Service" on the server daily. You can see what server the timer job is running on in the timer job definitions page in Central Administration.

This timer job is installed when you run the product installer (along with the service) so I assume you installed the product on this server. This services function is to queue live requests from workflows that are created by live actions.

The real question is why the service is not running on your server.

Hope this helps you figure out the issue!

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Andrew,

I have this same issue. The service is reporting as started in the Services on Server Panel, but when I view it on the Services.msc on the Server it shows as not started. When I try and manually start it from the Services.msc I receive an error saying that it can't start with an error: "invalid function"...

I understand that there's something that is causing the service to fail to start, but do you have any ideas as to what that may be?

I just did an update to version 3.1.9.0 of Nintex Workflow 2013.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Hello Richard,

Same problem in my environment too. This happens to us after upgrading to Nintex 3.1.7.0

Every morning around 6:20 the service will be stopped and it can't be started by timer job, and invalid function error with giving manual try. But after 1 hr or so, this service will be started automatically!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Richard,

I'd definitely recommend opening a support ticket regarding this issue as this is not expected behavior.

I assume you are recieving the following error "Error 1: Incorrect Function" when attempting to start the service. This is error message is actually just an HRESULT code provided by Microsoft which you can find here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc231199.aspx

This could just be a problem with the actual service that was installed on the local server so it is more difficult to troubleshoot.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos