List view connected to document library on task form causes other controls to lose values

Badge +1

This is related to a solution on Nintex for SharePoint 2013.

It is a main form on a list and the workflow has two approvals each with a Nintex task form. In the main form the user can upload documents. The client wants the ability to view and update the documents in the task forms.

1. To get around this I set up a document library to which the documents are copied in the workflow

2. On the task forms I added a list view and connected the list view to the document library

3. This provided a view of the documents related to that item within a list view

This worked fine however as soon as an approver opens a document from the list view on the task form it refreshes and seems to try and auto submit the task (approve and decline gets highlighted after the refresh as a required field).

This also causes the other controls on the forms connected to list columns to lose their values.

Attached are the screens.

I need to understand what the reason is for the refresh and if it is related to the use of a document library in the list view.

If there is a way to prevent the refresh (and auto submit) it will resolve my problem.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi johanmarnewick

based on your description as below :

"as soon as an approver opens a document from the list view on the task form it refreshes and seems to try and auto submit the task"

what if you first on Editing the Task, is first click on the documnet link to open it, does it open in a new Tab? i mean can you right-click on the link and open in new tab. will that also cause the data on the Task page to refresh?
for Auto Submit , can you see the "Network" tab for the trace of calles in broweser Dev toolbar and see if that is happening in the trace?

Thanks,

Majid

Badge +1

Hi @majid_sahib . Thanks for the reply. When opening the attachment from the list view by right-clicking and opening in a new window it resolves the issue. Not great for usability but the client has accepted this solution.

Thanks for this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Hi @johanmarnewick Perfect! glad to help :) Merci, Majid