Integrate K2 process with local mailing System

• 13 September 2007
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hi frnds,

i would like to know how to integrate with local mailing system with K2 process,for example i create HR process.when employee send's leave application to HR through mail.then mail send to the HR department.Then how to create this process.pls give me the guidlines to integrate.

Thanks,

schand

2 replies

Badge +9
It would probably be the same as how would do it in K2.net 2003.  You would configure a specific mail account to send the new request to via email.  On the backend, you need to create a email listener program/service that polls the designated mailbox.  The second portion would be to parse the email message body and translate the body data into an actual StartProcessInstance call.
Badge +6

if you use MOSS/WSS you can use the incoming mail feature (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263260.aspx) that's allow you to add an item in a document library when an email is received to a specific account. Then, in a K2 part, you can create a Sharepoint Event Process that catch the "item created" event in this document library.