cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scannonkbr
Nintex Newbie

Multiple Tasks within workflow - can they all use the same Content Type if I Create new?

Jump to solution

My Nintex Workflow has 4 branches with 4 tasks each. They are all To-Do tasks. I would like to let the system Create a New Content type for the tasks. But if I use "Create new" for the first one that I define, will that same Content Type be accessible to all other 15 tasks? Or do I let the system create 15 more Content Types for each individual task?

I'm using this workflow as a checklist to ensure that certain things are done when a new software title is added to our library. There are no approvals or anything like that associated with the tasks. Just a "to do." I direct the Initiator to go do this or verify that. Some things are outside our SharePoint system.

So essentially yes, all tasks would be of the same Content Type. Just a task to go do something.

Right now it is a Site Workflow as the branches of the workflow apply to different SharePoint sites/pages. I don't really have a list that this could be used on.

Before you ask, I don't think this workflow could be assigned to our software list because I would have to add more columns to that list (wouldn't I?) and the owner of that list does not want any additional columns. It should do just fine as a Site Workflow.

When I look at "Use existing" content type, the field is empty. Should I create a Site Content Type (what kind??) that would be available to all my To-Do tasks? Is that the best option?

Thank you. Sorry for the newbie question.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Multiple Tasks within workflow - can they all use the same Content Type if I Create new?

Jump to solution

sure, you can share CT among several task actions within or even across workflows within a site.

0 Kudos