cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintex Newbie

Mark all controls/entire form read only dynamically?

Hi,

Is it possible to mark all controls read only dependant on the value of a particular control/field? Rather than have to add a rule to every single control (I have a lot! )

Thanks

Stef

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Mark all controls/entire form read only dynamically?

Hi Stefanie,

Did you know that a rule can be applied to multiple controls? Select all the controls that you want to set to disabled based on the condition and then "Add Rule" to set the condition and behaviour. Or conversely, if you already have the rule set up for a control, ensure that it is visible by selecting "show all" at the top of the rules panel. Then, select all the controls you want to add to the rule. Go to the drop-down arrow next to the rule and select "Add to selected controls". All the controls you had selected will now be applied to that rule as well.

Let us know how this works out.

-DK

0 Kudos
Not applicable

What about the "Read Only" portion of this question?  How do you set a form field to read only based on the value of another field on the form?

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

If all the controls you are using have the same rule, it may save you some time to put them all into a panel, and attach the formatting rule to disable the panel (instead of individual controls).

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Is there an answer to this question?

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

I do exactly the same thing for several forms I have developed.  I've found that it's easier to work with a panel as opposed to trying to update several controls at one time.

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

I've tried this and I'm sort of stuck I have 2 questions 1) how do you add a control to a panel & 2) what is the syntax of the rule? I added a rule to a control and merely suceeded in hiding the whole form (not just the control with the rule)

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Sorted

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Aggghh! stupid editor deleted 95% of my reply 

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

I’ll try again I’ve sorted the rule syntax but still don’t
know how to add controls to a panel   As there are only a few fields I’ve added to
rule to all of them. Unfortunately the rule only works if the control is
visible, ideally I’d like to hide the control but if I do the rule stops
working

0 Kudos