Personal Task Delegation For \Send notification\" Action"

• 20 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi All,

I have a situation here ! We have four approval levels on our Workflow, however, business wants all the approvers need to edit the form before approving and routing it to next level. Initially, I used 'Request Approval' action at each level, but I found hard in editing form fields (They want to edit complete form !).

As an alternative, I used 'Send notification' action and in the email body, provided the link to 'EditForm.aspx'. In the back-end, I managed their button actions with flags and routed the process to appropriate level. Everything was working smooth !!

Now the issue is, one of the approver is on Vacation, he used below way to delegate his tasks / notifications :

But the delegated user is not receiving any of his emails or notifications in his absence. Is this because of using 'Send Notification' instead of 'Request Approval' action ? Is there any way, to make this delegation work ?

Please let me know !

1 reply

Badge +5

hello,

there is a way to get the user Out Of Office (OOF) status through Nintex workflow, based on it you can determine whom to send the task to.

check this article Polling a users Exchange Online Out Of Office (OOF) status in using Nintex Workflow for Office 365

its applicable for on-prem too.

another way i suggest is to make the user edit the list form through "request data" this way you can configure it to delegate or escalate to another person, and put the request data action inside a loop to go through all approvers.

another way is to create a site workflow to go through the "pending" items and send an email notification to another predefined user based on a flag.

hope that helps

Thank you

Ibrahim