There is no connection string for the destination email address

• 7 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello Guys,

I am getting below error in email event in my workflow.

Error: There is no connection string for the destination email address 

Initially the ConnectionSting was missing for the FromAddress which I am using in my application. Then I have added the ConnectionSting for the From Address using ConnectionEditor.exe from HostServer folder. And restarted the K2 service as well. 

Even after adding the ConnectionSting I am still gettin this error. Any idea if I am missing something here. Please guide me to fix this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Mayur 

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I recommend you to verify the following checks;

1) Is the From Address is a valid email address?

2) Are you using SMTP server details or Exchange?

3) If its exchange, then can you open the Exchange web service inside the K2 server browser and see if there any certifications errors.

4) If you are using the SMTP details, then use telenet commands from the k2 server and see if you can send the email from the telnet commands.

Hoep these checks should give some hints for you.

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Badge +1

Hi Prajwal

Thanks for the reply. 

I am using SMTP server details to send the email. Will check the given options.

Regards,

Mayur

Badge +8

I have had this issue on a few different occasions. 

The first was when we first installed K2. We edited the host file and even the templates in workspace. Ultimately the best fix was to re-run the configuration manager and make sure the SMTP settings were correct. We noticed that during the installation process the configuration manager removed ".com' from the connection string. We fixed this in the configuration manager and didn't have anymore errors.

The second time we received this error was when the "to:" address was not valid. We found that emails are sent differently depending on the method in the form or workflow. For instance if you are sending from a user task in a workflow versus an email event. 

The third time I have had this issue was when saving data from a picker field to a SQL table using the Active Directory SmartObject. When configuring the data source for the picker you can choose the display and the identifier. I found that it was saving the display name to the table so when I was reading the data to send an email to the account saved in that field the destination failed because it was not a valid email address. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks,

Bryan Peters