Validation Issue

• 18 March 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hi, I have a form with two buttons. Nintex Forms 2010

SAVE : Just saves the form.

SUBMIT : Saves the form and updates a field with a trigger word that fires a workflow that moves the form onto the next stage.

I have added a validation rule on the form that requires two fields to be filled in before the form can be Submitted. IE Sent to the next stage.

I'd like the validation just to occur when clicking on the submit button and not the save button. I've tried the obvious on the Save button and set it to not validate but that makes no difference. The Save button is also running the validation rule.

Any idea's?

Tony.

1 reply

Badge +7

I've been in contact with Nintex regarding this issue and they have replicated the problem. The validation setting on a button doesn't seem to have any affect. They did point me to this simple work around which does work! I had tried this at first to simply hide the submit button until the required fields were filled but while the form button was hidden, the button on the ribbon was still visible and clickable so I tried another route re the above post.

However the below method works because instead of hiding the button, they used the disable button in the rule and the ribbon button gets greyed out.

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1451