Nintex Mobile App Screen Size/Aspect Ratio

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

Just been excitedly given a little tablet (Acer Iconia 7) by the boss who wants these things used across the business. I've deployed the Nintex Mobile App and our own branded app to the device, and it appears to be rendering incorrect forms. It appears to be rendering the Mobile form rather than the tablet form.

Does anyone know the aspect ratio or screen resolution cut offs on devices where the app treats a device as a mobile rather than a tablet. Couldn't find any information on here about that.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey Ryan,

if the App doesn't apply the correct device layout you could create your own in Central Administration under Manage device layouts

204115_pastedImage_2.png

You can add the exact resolution of your device.

Would that help?

Best regards

Enrico

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Awesome. Is this also the case for O365? I'm not global admin so can't fumble around to find this info out

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Sadly there is no layout management option in Office 365. However you can try adding a Nintex Mobile Tablet layout to your form and edit its settings:

204116_pastedImage_1.png

There you could try to modify the layout's resolution but it will have impact on all tablet layouts :/

Would that still be useful for your scenario?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I've tried that, and tried setting it to the exact resolution of the device (720x1280) but that doesn't seem to work. I didn't know whether screen size played a part as this is a 7" device.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, if you don't need it you could remove the mobile phone layout and just go with the mobile tablet layout. Would that be an option?

I don't think there is much more you could do in o365 so far.   

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I've done that. No luck. sad.png

Off to uservoice I guess, and let the manager know he needs to find a bigger tablet.