cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Impersonation step in Nintex workflow?

Jump to solution

I have an action in the workflow where I want to create an item in a list where the user who initiated the workflow doesn't have access. In another scenario I have a workflow where user who initiated it will have read only access to the item but I still want the workflow to be able to modify it. How do I do it? On some actions there is an option to run it as a workflow owner but I don't see it on the "Create Item" action.

14 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Impersonation step in Nintex workflow?

Jump to solution

Igor - Simply add an Action Set to your workflow, and then put the Create Item action into the Action Set.  The Action Set has the "Run as Workflow Owner" option.

Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

To add to Tom's response.  When you open the Action Set setting, in the ribbon of the settings window, click on Common.  You'll find the Run as Workflow Owner option, there.

It will run everything inside the Action Set, as the person who published the workflow.

Vadim

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

As further addition, if the action is nested inside other action (as inside an Action Set or in a branch of a Set condition action, or anything similar), the Run as Workflow Owner isn't available and you to mark that flag on the upper action (the action set, the set condition, ecc..)

Giacomo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I think that is the case here as I am not able to find it. Can you please tell me where can I find it in the example below? Thanks!

actionset01.png

actionset02.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Igor,

the option of Run as Workflow Owner, will only be available if your Action Set is at the root (top level) of the workflow.  Not within another branch of an action.

Vadim

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ok - so whats the best solution here? Can I for example set a variable on the Approve branch, move the action set to the root path and combine it with Run If?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Oh definitely.. As long as it outside of the child branches, that'll be fine.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Tom,

Quick question, what happens when the person who published the workflow either leaves the organization or no longer has elevated privileges?  Is it better to publish using a service-like account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have the same question!

0 Kudos