Default Client Event

• 30 October 2007
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

In K2 2003 I had a custom code module that did some Active Directory lookups.

Based on the location of a user, the URL for the tasklist was altered.

How do you this in BlackPearl ? If I click on "View Code - Event Item", a WWF layout is loaded. If I switch to code view, no reference to my URL for tasklist (as set in the wizard) is found ...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

9 replies

Badge +9

If you click through the XOML you should be able to locate this within the "SendWorkToInternet" method.  I see the below method for one of my default client events:

private void SendWorkToInternet(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string strURL = K2.Configuration.InternetUrl;
            strURL = strURL.Replace("{SERIALNO}", K2.SerialNumber);
            K2.AddWorklist(K2.Configuration.InternetPlatform, System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(strURL));                    
        }

You should be able to put your URL generation logic here by overriding the value placed in strURL..

Badge +5

OK, thanks for the answer.

And what if I want to use my own custom c# component ? I think this can not be referenced in a blackpearl project, or should this c# component be exposed with smartobjects ? (not really read the details about that)

Badge +5

I managed to add a reference to a custom c# component.

However, when trying to run the workflow, an error occurs:

Could not load file or assembly 'My Assembly', Version=1.0.1.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=63e1f8899bc791ca' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Badge +11

We are aware of the problem in this regard - will be addressed shortly.  For now, I think if you copy the assembly to the '...HostServerBin' directory on the HostServer machine, your workflow should run just fine.

Edit: If the assembly is in the GAC on your development machine, you'll also need to add it to the GAC of the HostServer machine.

HTH,

Ockert

Badge +5

Hi NS,

This is a known isuue and have been logged to be fixed. An easy workaround is to add the 3rd party assembly to the K2Server's GAC or to create a deployment package on the client machine and move the package to the K2Server, deploying it there.

Regards

Gert

Badge +5

Hello,

I copied my dll to the hostserverin folder. I get the error: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is probably because my .dll requires a config file. Where must I put that config file, and what name should it have? (app.config ? myassembly.config ?)

Thanks,

Nicolas

Badge +3

Gert,

Can you explain "K2Server's GAC"? Do you mean the bin folder of the workprocess.

So the issue is fixed and pending hot fix release?

On a related topic. My workflow has 3 projects with guids. where do those assemplies end up. I'm trying to attach a debugger and the symbols never get loaded, and I assume that's because the .pdb file isn't in the correct place.

Badge +9

NS,

I would try using the blackpearl host server config:

C:program Filesk2 blackpearlhost ServerinK2BlackPearlServerK2BlackPearlServer.exe.config

It is possible that it doesn't exist, so you may need to create it and restart the K2 service.

Badge +5

Thanks Bob, modifying K2BlackPearlServerK2BlackPearlServer.config did the trick.

Another handy tip from one of my colleagues.

You can put the .dll on a custom folder on your server. eg (c:mylibrariesk2)

Then add to your config file:

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <probing privatePath="c:librariesk2" />
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>

And the appropriate .dll will work in your project.

Regards,

Nicolas