Email event error - "valid address" with SmartObject

• 16 June 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

When I enter a smartobject with "@domain.com" in the To:/CC:/BCC: fields in a Mail Event that does not use destinations (i.e., "Specify" is checked), it fails validation.

It does work with non-Smartobject fields (e.g., "[Data Field]@domain.com") and it also works with destinations configured on an event. As a workaround, I entered a destination user in the mail event, but I was unable to select "Destination User" since there was no SPWFintegrationevent in that action.

Any other ideas for a workaround?

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Ryan

To use the smartobject to return users from AD, then set the SMO>GetList>Email as the destination user when the SMO is using the service object ADService2>GetUser

To set up the destination simply go to the advanced view of the destination rule and on the "Destination Rule Option" select "Plan Per Slot(no destinations) on the next screen click the radiobutton "Select a list field to determine how many...", click the ellipsis(...) to the right and search for the GetList method you created on your SMO which uses the ADService2 service object.

Regards

Pieter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained herin does not reflect the view of K2, this is my own opinion