SmartForms Attachments Best Practices

• 20 May 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Hi Folks -

Once upon a time, there was a InfoPath attachments best practices article published that basically said that you need to abstract your attachments from your form with SmartObjects.

I generated a view based on a SharePoint SmartObject and I assume that since this is a direct connection to the SP service broker that any attachments added through this generated view do not get stored in K2's database but rather go straight to SharePoint.  However, what if you just add a default file attachment control to a SmartForm?  Where is this data stored when the user uploads it?  Would the best practice be to execute a smartobject to write this data to an outside destination, using that control as the source?  Then "zero" it by transferring blank data into the control?

1 reply

Badge +10

Not sure if this helps but minght give you some ideas. When I was debugging my attachment problems before, I found that when you upload a file to the attachment control, it temporarily stores the file in the following directory until you use a smartobject to write the file somewhere. K2 gives the file a temporary name of "someguid.txt" for example. Directory is "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 SmartForms RuntimeFiles" or similar. Im not sure if you will have control over where it write this file and if you can "zero" out its values.