Email Notification - Table formatting

• 7 November 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to create a email notification and I am creating a table in my email. For some reason, table is messing up my email. It's creating extra spaces between the table and following paragraph. Plus, row height is too much and unnecessarily increasing the length of email. I tried to change the row height using the functionality already provided in email notification but it's not helping. Any suggestions?

9 replies

Badge +12

@RAHULGANDHI .....instead of building table in send notification action, use build string and build your table there and use that variable in notification email.

Badge +3

Can you share some posts or workflow xml which will help me? Thanks

Badge +12

@RAHULGANDHI ......you already have your HTML code in send notification. Just cut and paste that code in build string.....clean the code if needed and save it in a variable. Use that workflow variable in the body of your email notification, that's all.

Badge +3

I created a build string but it does not help in my case.

I created a workflow, created a table without borders. The output is fine in this case. I have attached this output 'table_without_border_in_Outlook_email.JPG'.

Table looks fine in Send Notification action. But when borders are present and when we sent out email notification, then it's height enlarges. Refer to screenshot 'table_with_borders_in_Outlook_email.JPG'. 

I have attached workflow. Please modify the HTML code/ workflow and share it with me. I have spent lot of time but no luck.

I have pasted the screenshot of the output that I desire named as 'desired_output.JPG'.

This is bug in Nintex. It should not be this difficult. Table creation isn't userfriendly.

Thanks.

Badge +12

@RAHULGANDHI .....What if you specify the column width in your HTML?

Badge +3

Column width is fine. Row height is the one which is giving me issue. I went online and read about changing row height but it's doesn't help. I tried the in built table layout feature to change row height but no luck. Can you create a simple workflow with a table that sends out email with the table which matches with the one I shared in desired output JPG and share it here?

Badge +3

1. I have struggled a lot to minimize table row height but have been unsuccessful.  2. I have attached three images to this post.

2.a.  Send Notification.JPG - This screenshot shows the table which I see in send notification. This is exactly what I would like to see in Outlook email.

2.b. Automatic generated code.JPG - This the automatically generated code and shows that valign = "bottom" (meaning vertical align of the text in the table row has been set to bottom) for all the columns.

2.c. Vertical align in the last column is incorrect.JPG - This image shows the table which I am seeing in Outlook email.

Issues I am facing:

1. Vertical align of the last column is messed up. It's not aligned to bottom even though valign is set to bottom in the automatically generated code. 

2. Row height of the table as seen in Outlook is too much. I would like to reduce the row height. I tried several HTML commands by entering them in automatically generated code but no luck.

Please advise on what I can do to (1) set the vertical alignment of the last column to bottom AND (2) reduce the row height of the table when it appears in Outlook.

Could you please create a sample table using workflow send notification and send it to me? May be I can refer your code and can do code modifications. Any inputs are appreciated. 

Badge +4

If you're getting spaces in your workflow emails, the way to fix it is to copy the html source from the workflow and paste it in something like Notepad++, select all text, then press CTRL J to join lines.

Then copy it back to the html source, save and publish workflow.

Email will display correctly.

Badge +1
This worked like charm...thanks