K2 Smartforms - Cannot Edit a form

• 5 November 2013
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

Out of nowhere i just can't edit one of my forms, last friday i was able to edit it, yesterday i didn't work on it and today i just couldn't edit it:

e1ea.png

wy3.png

10 replies

Badge +4

In stead of using the Edit option on the right panel, have you tried using the .. Right click->Chek Out .. then Right Click-> Edit?

Badge +1

Already tried it, still doesn't work,

Thanks anyway

Badge +5

Hi,

Which version of smartforms are you on?

Have you tried?:

1. IIS reset

2. clear browser cache and retry the steps.

3. Retry the steps on another browser (e.g. IE >8 and firefox)

JK

Badge +3

Let me continue this thread as I have the same issue and that´s a real blocker.

I am using Smart Forms 1.0.6 & Blackpearl 4.6.7 so the latest to date.

I have tried restarting the K2 service => no success
I have tried an iisreset => no success
Since I use Chrome I have in incognito mode => no success
I have tried using IE => no success
I have cleared my browser cache => no success

I think the issue comes from a smo used in a view used in the form. I would be glad to edit the view and fix it but there is the same issue on the view. I would be glad to edit the form and remove the view to kill the view and re-make a new one but the current issue prevents this solution.

Could anyone fix this issue or fid a workaround ?

In addition, I would love the message to be a bit more explicit and mention the name and/or ID of the smo that is causing the issue. That would be a great help to narrow down the issue.

Badge +3

Let me add that once you run into this issue, the Smart Forms Designer will stop working properly and you must reload the designer.

Badge +10

I have had this issue several times. Most of the time one of the following methods fixes the problem.

Methd One: Click on the + node of the form. This will show you all the smartobjects and views that the form depend on. Open the smartobject tester and execute the smarobject. Make sure you dont get any errors. Now drill down to the view level and make sure that all smartobjects that the views use are working and you get no errors. Make sure that you can "edit" the views that the form depends on. If all of the smartobjects  and views are working then this wont solve your problem.

Method Two: This is last resort because it involves rolling back the form. This will not gurantee that the form will work but you can roll back the form to a previous version. You will lose the changes made to the form. Please try method one first. If that does not work I can post instructins on how to roll back the form.

Hope this helps.  

Badge +3

Thanks for taking the time to answer "s0m3one" :)

I found a similar case on a form for which I can sucessfully edit all the view and also run the smo tester on the smos.

Only editing the form gives this error.

I will check out if rolling back to an earlier version helps (http://help.k2.com/kb001311).

Badge +1

i ran into this issue mre then several times. Most times i couldn't wait so i had to discard check out and that did the trick. Less of the time I waited an day and it went away. Strangely, i still do not understand what happen when all i did was modify one small button rule. 

Hope you find the culprit and let us know. :)

S.F. 1.0.5

BlackPearl 4.6.6

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

How does the "httpRuntime" node look in the web.config file for the "Designer" child web application?  Please attach what the current value is if possible.

If not already configured, please make a backup of this web.config file, and increase the "maxRequestLength" to perhaps "2097151", perform an IISRESET and then test editing the form again.

If this does not help, please search for the node below:

<requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true" />

and change it to:

<requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true">

<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="100000000" />
</requestFiltering>

Perform another IISRESET and test again.

Badge

Hi! I fix the problem doing this:

Check Form's properties. If appear:

You need to ask that user to Check In the form.

I hope this help you.

Best,
Martin