Send notification error - not working with priority \normal\"

• 31 October 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and hope that you could help me.

I have a workflow with several send notifications. But it don't work. I receive the mails from the Tasks. Now I have noticed that this is a problem with the priority chosen in the send notification. If I use "high" or "lower" the mail will be send. Only with priority "normal" it don't work.

Do anybody know that problem?

Thank you

Regards

Oliver

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That's really strange that it does work with other priorities. Does the workflow error when in Normal priority? Or does it just not deliver?

Badge +4

Hi Oliver,

Can you please create new workflow with just 1 send notification action with "normal" and see if it works. Now if it doesn't work, can you please also check logs to see if there is any error in it?

Please let us know how you go.

Thanks,

Shirin

Badge +4

Hi,

thank you for the answers...

Yes, it looks very strage to me too. I created a new workflow and get the same results. Here are my Settings:

settings.jpg

And the workflow works find - but I did not get any mail.

001.jpg

One Question, where can I find the logfiles? I searched them, but did not find them.

Thank you,

Regards

Oliver

Badge +4

Hi Oliver,

The best thing to do is, check the logs for any error. Can you please look at below location:

C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft sharedWeb Server Extensions15LOGS

Sort by "Date Modified" and find the latest entry into logs and let's see if there is any error.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Shirin

Badge +4

Hi Shirin,

there are no actual logfiles. It seems to be a problem with my smtp-Server. I try to figure out and let you know.

Thank you anyway.

Regards

Oliver

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Definitively check there too. But if the smtp server is allowing other priority mail through, but not normal, then it would be odd to have a filter to remove those types of mail. Even on the exchange side of things. Just to be routine support guy, did you check your spam? Sorry, I just had to ask. Could it be a rule in your mailbox?

Last question, does this happen for ALL users?

Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

I got it!  Please don't laugh! wink.png

It was the spamfilter of the antivirus software. Thank you Andrew, you had the same idea as my colleague from the support team. It was the spam filter of our Exchange Server. So I didn't get the mails.

Now it is fixed and I get all the mails as well.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Oliver

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey, no problem. Glad its been found. I've been a victim of "is it plugged in" issues too. It's just not the first place we look as IT most times.