Solved

Confusing issue with the people picker email control

• 16 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have an issue with the people picker on a form that seems to pull in the persons display name instead of their email address. It only happens to one person and I’ve checked their AD creds and they’re fine. Can someone tell me what attribute is used for getting the email address?

I’ve assumed it is mail which has the right value in AD but seems to pull in this person’s display name.

TIA,

Paul

icon

Best answer by PScyner68 16 February 2023, 15:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @PScyner68 

While the People control displays the Person Display Name, you should be able to access the First Name, Last Name and Email address (in the Form and in the Workflow)

To get the Email address in the Form, you can use a Rule. 
This example will use the People1 value and retrieve the email address to the Text_Email field.

RULE

Rule is trigger when there is a value in People1 (is Filled)

This set the Value of Text_Email to the below formula

Here are the other values which you can also select - Full Name, First, Last and email

To get the Email address in the Workflow, you can access it from the Start Event → Form Variables → People1

Hope that helps

Badge +4

Hi @Garrett ,

Sorry I might not have explained the issue properly.

I retrieve the email address using a variable in the form and this works fine for everyone apart from this one person. I don’t believe it is a Nintex issue but I wanted to run it in the forum to see if anyone else had had the same problem. For one person it pulls in their proper name and for the ret it pulls in their email address (which is the correct value that I want). 

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @PScyner68 

Can you share some screenshots or the formula to retrieve the email address?

BTW, did you verify that the one person AD details have been set up correctly? 

Badge +4

Hi @Garrett , 

I found the problem. I had wrongly thought the process went down one path where it uses the user’s email address to send the email but it looks like I had an “Or” in place and that’s caused it to go down another route.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers,

Paul