We are in process of upgrading nintex 2013 forms and wf from older version to newer version. Is it recommended to take prod backup before updating to newer version?

Badge +1

We are in process of upgrading on prem nintex 2013 forms and wf from older version to newer version. Is it recommended to take prod backup before updating to newer version?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jag,

if you speak of patching a Nintex 2013 Version to the newest Nintex 2013 Version you don't necessarily need to make backups of the production environment. If you feel better this way you can surely do but in 8 years of patching Nintex installations there was not even one time I needed to roll back the farm by using a backup created before.

However, if you have a staging environment I suggest you patch your staging environment first and if you have forms that are customized with JavaScript of other extensions I suggest you check their functionality first before patching production.

Sometimes changes to Nintex' JavaScript componts become necessary and can affect your JavaScript-customizations.

If you do not have custom JavaScript in your Forms patching Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow is a straight forward process. Just patch staging (do not forget possible Database upgrades of Nintex Workflow as described in the installation instructions) and check if everything is working. Afterwards patch production.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Thanks Enrico. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Always welcome!