Email font for Parameters/Fields

• 9 September 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

When I use a K2 process field in the body of an HTML email, the process field seems to ignore the formatting.

Is there a way of applying the same formatting to the process fields when they are inserted into an email? I feel like I must be overlooking something really simple here.

thanks in advance!

3 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

I make the experience (and K2 Support confirm this), that for process fields in an HTML email K2 inserts some (stupid) font tags. I had this problem with an url that partly contains fields - and so I never got a right url.

I solve this by my own (but it isn't really simple).

I use Plain Text - but fill in a complete HTML Mail with all tags, formating I want have - than I go to "View Code" (goto SendMail-ExecuteCode) and before the line, where the mail is send I insert this: this.EmailMessage.IsBodyHtml=true

This hack gives me the full control over my HTML email.

Perhaps this help you.

Badge +9

Thanks very much for getting back to me!

I'm glad to hear that it isn't just me experiencing this - it does seem to be a bit strange the way this is handled by K2.

I will have a look at your workaround/hack, and see how it goes - obviously not ideal, but if it achieves what I want it to, then I am happy to use it!

Sounds like it is worth raising a support ticket about this as well...

Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me!

Badge +6

Thanks for this answer.

I use K2 blackpearl 0807 and going to the "View Code" part to be able to write HTML code into the mail event body is not more required. You only need to check the right "Message Format" box (HTML). Then be carefull of the HTML you are going to write... you must not have extra formatting, so if you don't write your code directly in the wiizard,  the better way is to copy/paste your code in Notepad and then copy from Notepad to paste it in the wizard.

HTH