I have a Nintex workflow in production, with a convert Word to PDF activity. It has been working fine, but today I got the following error:
"Error converting document. Failed to start conversion job. Check input url 'http://myurl/sites/mysite/mylibrary/Project_349.docx' is a valid file".
Seems odd, but anyway I checked that the Project_349.docx file existed where it is supposed to exist: the URL is valid. I opened the document with Word, and it opened normal, without error or unexpected warnings. Then I used Word to convert to PDF and it did it alright. So I'm unsure as to why did I get that error, since the file is working properly.
What could be the cause of this error, when the Word file actually exist in the right format?
Thank you in advance.
as Cassy Freeman mentioned it would be good to know if it is just this document or if it affects other documents too.
I don't think the problem is the document but the SharePoint infrastructure. Document conversion utilizes the Word Automation Service which is a SharePoint service.
I would check the following:
Hope this helps a bit.
Hi Enrico, thank you for the reply. It has happened for the one document only, the Word Automation Service is running properly. I wasn't able to find out any specific item in the ULS logs of help. The task had been working properly until this particular action. I'll check the passwords to be sure.
Hi Cassey, thanks for your response. It has failed for this one document in particular. What do you mean by the config, you mean a portion of the XOML or just a screenshot of the action? Thanks again.
I just experienced the exact same situation where one document converted and the other did not even though the link was valid. My situation consists of a triggered list workflow creating new items in their respective document libraries and converting them to pdf. To fix the issue, I created separate workflows in the document library to convert the document to pdf (triggers when a new document is created from my original list workflow).
I also later realized that Nintex does not like all URLs created from multiple 'build string' operations. When I consolidated my URL to just one 'build string' operation, Nintex was able to recognize all links. Unfortunately, some of my original URLs worked and some didn't making pinpointing the issue difficult and time consuming.
I hope this helps.