cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Viewing Workflow Status of an item

Good Morning,

I've found "Log In History List" a great way to find errors in my workflows when the occur.

However I have recently been getting an error while trying to view this information but only on one site.

I am going into my list and clicking on the item I want to see the workflow status of

I click to select it then click "Items" under "Item Tools" and select "Workflows"

Each Item has two workflows on it but when I click on either of them I get an error:

Error

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 7a5593ed-4358-4a89-b5ce-9da8c3d2d379

Date and Time: 30/11/2015 08:40:23

This is the same for every Item in every list for every workflow in the site. Leading me to belive that its a site setting or something I have overlooked

However if I go into the history list via  "Manage History Lists" I can see all the status data.

The URL on the error code "WrkStat.aspx?List={37D64405-270E-4687-A85F-5C3734F2819E}&WorkflowInstanceID={E185CBBB-AD28-4D18-BE65-D99EE3FD63C1}"

Lines up with the record in the History List.

Please could somebody help me to fix this?

Please let me know if I have missed out any information.

Many Thanks in advance

Mick

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Error Viewing Workflow Status of an item

I've been having similar issues and can't figure out what the problem is. We're running Nintex 2010, and about a month ago I started having an issue where I receive an error message whenever I try to select the 'Workflows'. However, I am still able to open the 'View Workflow History' option without a problem.

Around the same time that this error started occurring, I also started experiencing issues where workflows would suddenly become unpublished over the weekend. These issues only seem to be affecting one of the lists. I would greatly appreciate if anybody has any suggestions on how to solve these.

Thank you,

Juliana

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I've finally been able to fix the problem that I was having. I had a site workflow running that I had to stop - I have no proof that this was causing the issue with workflows being unpublished, but I haven't had workflows become unpublished since I stopped the site workflow. After this, I had to test each workflow independently to find out which ones were triggering the errors. After being able to narrow it down to three workflows, I had to recreate each of these workflows from scratch, but now it appears as though they are working seamlessly again. I'm still not sure what triggered the workflows to be unpublished in the first place, but apparently it corrupted the workflow enough that simply republishing it wasn't correcting the error.

Juliana

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Mick McGuire​, does Juliana's response help?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for sharing your solution, I had a look but there aren't any site workflows on mine.

I think I'll rebuild the whole lot in another site.

Thanks

Mick

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi, Mick McGuire​, shall I mark this as assumed answered, then, or even perhaps delete the question? What do you think?

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply