Using the Enterprise Library

Badge +1

We have some C# business objects that are currently being called from an ASP.NET application. These business objects use the Enterprise Library 3.1 for various tasks such as logging. The Enterprise Library configuration settings are held in the web.config of the ASP.NET application.

We would now like to use some of these business objects from K2. Is is possible to use the Enterprise Library from within these business objects if they are called from K2?

5 replies

Badge +10
should not be a problem. You can add a default server event from the event templates and simply add what you need to do as a refernce then call it like you would anyother assembly. Or you can do it with a webservice via the webservice template.
Badge +1

Thanks. Do I also need to add the Enterprise Library configuration settings to the K2Server.exe.config file?

Badge +10

I do not believe so.

Has anyone out there had any experience in this?

Badge +6

Hi leftside,

Yes, unfortunately you have to add the main enterprise library config settings in K2server.exe.config. From there you can have your normal config files for everything in the enterprise library and those have to also be in the K2 server bin folder (unless you can specify the path somewhere).

HTH,

Badge +1
That's fine by me. We'll be trying it out later this week. Thanks.