Print to PDF breaks with background image

• 20 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I know that the 12/8/16 update had a bug fix for "Fixed an issue where Print to PDF may not print with a background image (00120716)". However, I've installed Nintex Forms for Sharepoint 2019 and I'm having this exact issue. When my site does not have a background image, Print to PDF works fine. When I put an image, any image, back on the site, Print to PDF breaks with the "converting to pdf" message and spinning dots.

Here's the message in the log:

"Application error when access /_layouts/15/nintexforms/PrintPdf.aspx, Error=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.PrintPdf.GrabCss(PrintPdfData printPdfData) at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.PrintPdf.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.LayoutsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 replies

Badge +7

I would suggest submitting a support ticket, and you can reference the previous big fix. Perhaps they missed something or your environment has an exception they need to account for.

Badge +1
I have and it looks like it's a bug. It's been forwarded to Development.