Support for Biztalk intergration with blackpearl

• 25 August 2010
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi,

Can we install K2.net 2003 components on a machine with K2 Blackpearl to establish commincation between K2 blackpearl and Biztalk 2009. I saw a tutorial on K2.net 2003 and Biztalk 2004 integration but could not find anything related to K2 blackpeark and Biztalk2009 integration. I am not sure if any thing else is provided for this integration.

I am working on a project where this integration is needed and we are using K2 blackpearl and Biztalk 2009.

regards,

4 replies

Badge +6

AFAIK, there are no Blackpearl components for BizTalk 2009. As per Johnny's comment in this post, I guess you can install K2.net 2003 components.

http://k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2007/08/04/k2-blackpearl-and-biztalk-misunderstood.aspx

Badge +10

For a project I worked on in the past with blackpearl and BizTalk we ended up just having the BizTalk orchestration exposed as WCF endpoints and called them from within K2 in async server events with custom code.  This approach worked fine for our project.

I doubt the K2 2003 BizTalk 2004 event template components would even work with BizTalk 2009.

Badge +2

The BlackPearl documentation states that:-

A number of K2.net 2003  Event Templates do have Interop support in K2 blackpearl, but the event templates may not have an equivalent K2 blackpearl Event Wizard. When there is no equivalent K2 blackpearl Event Wizard, the Interop Template can be used. A list is provided below of K2.net 2003 Event Templates that are supported in K2 blackpearl by an Interop template only

Microsoft Biztalk
Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Content Management Server (CMS)

I am not sure what does - "the Interop Template can be used" means. But it looks that by some way we can use the K2.net 2003 event template in blackpearl.

Badge +6

Out-of-the-box support for BizTalk ended with BizTalk 2006 in K2.net 2003 SP4. The K2.net 2003 templates will not work with BTS 2009. You will need some custom code in web services and asynchronous server events to get this working. It might be worth looking at some consultancy from K2.