cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Convert folder to document set (on-prem)

Using Nintex Workflow for on-prem SharePoint 2013 and what I want to do is convert a Folder in a document library to a document set.  it would appear that no one else on here has wanted to do that - but I am sure that's just because they have had no issues with doing it.  I have tried using "Update item" to change the content type - this does in fact change the content type column from Folder to Document Set but doesn't actually change the folder into a document set.

I also tried using the Copy item action after I had changed the content type column hoping it would be clever enough to create me a new item as a document set, but that also did not work.

Open to trying all weird and wonderful, fudgey ways, so hit me up with your best tips please.

Labels: (1)
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Convert folder to document set (on-prem)

I googled the issue of converting a folder to a document set and found this https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=foldertodocsetfix

It is a sandboxed solution to be added to your site collection; the introduction has this note

repairs the MS SharePoint 2010 bug where folders are not correctly converted into document sets during a content type property change

This sounds like the issue you are having - however I don't know if it will work for 2013

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Convert folder to document set (on-prem)

Hi,

I would query the list for all Folders and then for each folder get the files in it (recursive), create a Document Set and copy/move the files into it......

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply