cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Capture the data from multi-column grid table form into SP list using nintex forms

Jump to solution

I have a form with a multi-column grid table.

eg.

Sample (Static Data)Column 2Column 3Column 4Column 5
sample 1TextboxTextboxTextboxTextbox
sample 2TextboxTextboxTextboxTextbox
sample 3TextboxTextboxTextboxTextbox
sample 4TextboxTextboxTextboxTextbox

And I have taken individual textboxes for every row, as the first column contains static data, so cant use repeating section. My query regarding this is that, how can I save the data from every textbox of the table in a SP list.

One solution for this is to create column in SP list for every row of the table but its not possible if there is huge data.

So please suggest an alternate way to build the same type of form in Nintex.

Thanks

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Capture the data from multi-column grid table form into SP list using nintex forms

Jump to solution

Could these be a list item per row? Then if you need them to relate to each other, supply a new field called SetID. In this field use the ID of the first item added and put in the others. So it would be something like

Sample (static data)ListItem ID
SetIDColumn 1Column 2Column 3Column 4
sample 17575Textbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox Value
sample 27675Textbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox Value
sample 37775Textbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox Value
sample 47875Textbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox ValueTextbox Value

So when you need to query the set at another time, use the SetID field to get the batch into a collection.

A site form and workflow, or list new item form and workflow can accomplish this.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Capture the data from multi-column grid table form into SP list using nintex forms

Jump to solution

The whole data in this form has to be captured in a single row of the SharePoint List. So for that do we have to create column for each textbox value present in the table or is there any alternate way.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

If that is a hard requirement, then you may have to. Otherwise, you could potentially concatenate them into a calculated field, or let a workflow move them to appropriate fields or combined fields as necessary.

But are the number of rows in the table static or dynamic?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The Number of Rows & Columns in the table are Static.

What did you mean by concatenating into a calculated field, how to achieve it.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

A workflow can append all of the table data into long strings an put "Column A: A value; Column B: B value; Column C: C value" and put into a text field. A form calculated field may be able to do the same on the fly before the workflow, but if the columns are not actual list fields, then you cannot use a list calculated field to concatenate them.

How many rows do you expect to have, knowing that they are static? I would still say that the best solution would be to have a list item per row. But I don't know what the data will be or what it will be used for. If you have multiple list items that are linked together through an ID field, then you can query them together and perform easy reporting as each value is in its own column per list item. If they are combined in any way, then in order to report on them or sum of values, or count the responses, you will have to do some calculations to split up the data before hand.