Changing Behavior of K2 Worklist Webpart

• 12 September 2016
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +10

I am not sure if this has to be addressed purely by training or redesigning K2 Worklist Webpart.

When a user receives a worklist item, they do a "Open Form" from worklist web part. Following page is displayed. User selects action and submit. Workflow gets triggered and list was updated as expected, however list data was not refreshed in below screen. Then for some reason user clicks "Save" button in lower part of screen. . So when user clicked save, it overwrote the data that workflow updated as buffer still had old data.

Have you experienced similar issues? How you handle this scenario? Is it possible to redesign this page? Or at least show some warning when user clicks "Submit" button not to click "Save" again. Few users have done this in last few days. So I think other customers might be experiencing same issue. Any recommendations?

16481i1179EEB36BB6702B.jpg

6 replies

Badge +7

In your form rules when you intialize you have a rule if workflow activity ... the open the worklist item. Inside of this If just hide the button controls. Then they cannot click them.

If you want I can get you some print screens.

Badge +10

Please provide screenshots that would be great.

Just want to add, when user opens item on edit form directly, SAVE button should be available. But when they open worklist webpart, SAVE button should not be available.

Thank you!!

Badge +7

I am attaching a word document with a print screen of a basic form rule. When a workflow opens a form this rule checks which workflow and activity and performs the rules in that If statement. In this case it will hide the SaveButton only if the current workflow activity is "Assign task". This workflow activity will be different for you. If the form is opened without the workflow activity then the SaveButton will be visible.

Hope this helps.

Badge +10

The condition that checks for "current workflow activity" is not resolving to true. Please see below. What could be the reason?

Thanks,

15823iF90DEC8B1748DA0C.jpg

Badge +7

If you are using a desinger workflow it defaults to creating a state for each workflow activity so in your rules window you will see on the left hand side a State called Review and it is this intialize rule that will have your workflow rules. It will still be the intialize rule but it will have additonal things from the base state rule.

Since this is the case you do not even need to put the rule in an If statement because that state is only used when coming from that specific workflow activity.

Does this help?

Badge +10

@MickiC

Thank you very much. This helped me understand states. Really appriciate your help.