cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Assign to-do task problem

Hi I am trying to assign a to do task to a person in a workflow. I am able to configure the action to use a content type, change the notification, save and publish the workflow. When I come back to the workflow to do changes to the action all the existing configuration details are gone. It shows blank in the Assignees, task description, content type etc.., When I hover over the task it says "Assigned to : XXXXXX" but I open the action to configure it shows blank.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Assign to-do task problem

Is it you trying to launch the workflow designer using other browser instead of IE?

If you using IE and having this issue, did you spot any JavaScript errors by launching Developer Tools (F12) in IE?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

What is the parent content type to your Photo Approval Task?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Chit,

I am using IE 11.

Getting two errors when I debug using Dev tools. The same workflow works on Production.

{exception} Object doesn't support property or method '$E3_0'
message "Object doesn't support property or method '$E3_0'"

stack "TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method '$E3_0'\n   at RTE_Canvas$restoreViewHtml (http://<SiteURL>/_layouts/15/nintexworkflow/rte.js?rev=cbMdM15iAK%2FI6K7pCp02QA%3D%3D:370:25)\n   at setRTEValue (http://<SiteURL>/_layouts/15/nintexworkflow/rte.js?rev=cbMdM15iAK%2FI6K7pCp02QA%3D%3D:376:13)\n   at stockRTEFields (http://<SiteURL>/tools/userprofiles/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/TodoTaskDialog.aspx?activityId=105&Li...   at init (http://<SiteURL>/tools/userprofiles/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/TodoTaskDialog.aspx?activityId=105&Li...)"

{exception} Sys.ArgumentException: Cannot deserialize empty string. Parameter name: data
description "Sys.ArgumentException: Cannot deserialize empty string.\nParameter name: data"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

The parent is "Workflow Task" which is the same in production and the same in some other workflows in production, which are working fine.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

The error is occurring in the JS file rte.js in Layouts/Nintexworkflow folder in 15 hive.

function setRTEValue(hiddenId, value, encodeHtmlChars) {
        var modeSelector = getObjectOfRTE(hiddenId, 'ModeId');
        var rteBody = getObjectOfRTE(hiddenId, 'RTEEditableRegionId');
        var plainTextBody = getObjectOfRTE(hiddenId, 'PlainTextId');
        var propArrayName = $get(hiddenId).getAttribute('WFPropArrayName');
    var elementWithFocus;
        //Set the global prop array to the unique array defined for this instance.
        WFPropertyArray = eval(propArrayName);
        RTE_isWorkflowVariableArrayLoaded = false;

try
    {
        elementWithFocus = document.activeElement;
    }
    catch(e)
    {
    }

setFocusToFirstElement();

if (modeSelector.selectedIndex == RTE_MODE_HTML) {

var htmlValue = RTE_translateToDesignerHtml(value);
            $get(RTE.RteUtility.getAttribute(rteBody, 'InputFieldId')).value = htmlValue;

// overriding method in RTE.js which is clearing out our value
            RTE.Canvas.restoreViewHtml = function RTE_Canvas$restoreViewHtml(editableRegion) {
                var $v_0 = editableRegion.id;

var $v_1 = RTE.RteUtility.getAttribute(editableRegion, 'InputFieldId');

if ($v_1) {
                    var $v_3 = $get($v_1);

if ($v_3) {
                        var $v_4 = new RTE.Snapshot();

$v_4.$P_0 = editableRegion;
                        $v_4.$8P_0 = true;
                        $v_4.set_$8e_0($v_3.value);
                       $v_4.$E3_0(false);
                    }
                }
            };

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

What is your Sharepoint version? If you have April CU or SP1 on your dev environment, I believe the problem will be resolved if you upgrade Nintex Workflow 2013 to the latest version

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Aug 2013 CU. The versions of Nintex and SharePoint are the same on my dev and prod environments. I will try to update and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

The issue is occurring when the designer is reading the xml config data and trying to set the field's value with it, then fails. An update will probably not help you in this case. I would delete the action and recreate the action with the same configuration.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Chit and Andrew,

I have upgraded Nintex workflow 2013 to the latest version and that fixed the issue. Thank you very much for your support.

Thanks

Kranthi

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply