cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Acessing AD groups via LDAP query

Jump to solution

I'm new to Nintex and am stuck in performing an LDAP query. I want to access an AD group and store its members in a collection variable. I have set the LDAP path but am struggling with forming the query. Any help would be appreciated

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Acessing AD groups via LDAP query

Jump to solution

So as to be sure about the query, it's recommended you previously use a LDAP Query Tool.

Take a look a this Vadim Tabakman​ 's post >>> LDAP Query Tool - Vadim Tabakman

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the link. I checked it out, but I'm afraid I didn't get what I was looking for. The query I'm using is:

(&(objectClass=group)(CN=testinggroup))

It returns the group name, but not the list of members. I want to extract the members list, and store it in a collection variable, so, I can send out individually addressed emails.

I haven't encountered LDAP before, so, I'm guessing I'm using the wrong attribute.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Try this

(&
    (objectCategory=user)
    (memberOf=cn=MyCustomGroup,ou=ouOfGroup,dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=com)
)

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando,

I attempted to use Vadim tools but my company doesn't allow me to download anything!

I'm looking to do a Query on a number of AD Groups.  I have a subscribe WF that adds users to a particular group/s based on a multiple choice selection It's working great!  But Now i wan to get a bit more sophisticated and I want to Query my AD groups (there are 8) and see if the a user is part of any of them.    Any directions would be much appreciated Thank you

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What a pity the above link is no longer working ... nor can I find a reference to the document in this community.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Roeland,

If found the link.

Greets,

Peter