K2 for SharePoint 2013 Registration Wizard Fails in Service Broker Step

• 3 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello Fellas ,

I'm Working with K2 for SharePoint and while trying to open the K2 Application from any List Settings it throws below error :

15937i363FA15537FE0B21.png

Kindly help me here with the sugeestion to be folllwed to get rid of this issue  as i'm struggling with this for last two days.

Any help would be Higly Appreciated .

Thanks,

Esaki

4 replies

Badge +7
Hi,

I have seen this error when your K2 current version is upgraded to the latest one without upgrading the K2 app only. Check if you have any update pending for the app. Go to app from from site content for an app catalog and then click on the ABOUT option, it will take you to the Sharepoint store should have any updates pending. You will have "GET IT" button enabled.

P.S: this is suggest a first step of trouble shooting and not just the answer.
Badge +2

Thank you for your reply but i dont find any update available option in the App , 

yes if there is any update availbale for the app then it will show the Get it option enabled , but here i dont think so that might be an issue ,

Can you suggest any more ideas how you sorted out ? like anything need to be chcked from configuration or Logs.

Thanks,

Esaki

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi

I’m guessing this environment / Web App has been used with K2 before.

It’s possible that it’s failing because there are some site collections that was previously activated for K2 but has since been deleted from SharePoint without uninstalling the app from it.

Try the following.

Run the below SQL script

SELECT [Value] FROM [Integration].[ProcessSharePointGeneralSetting]

WHERE [Type] = 'RootSiteUrl' AND [SiteURL] IN

(

SELECT [SiteURL] FROM [Integration].[ProcessSharePointGeneralSetting]

WHERE [Type] = 'ActivationState' AND [Value] = 'Activated'

)

You will get a list of site URL’s. For each of the SiteURL’s returned:

1. Try and hit the url in IE (do not use chrome, the error is not handled the same)

2. If you get a 404 Not found error, add this URL to your “delete” list.

If there are some sites that doesn’t exist anymore try deleting them with the query below.

DELETE FROM [Integration].[ProcessSharePointGeneralSetting]

WHERE [Value] IN

(

'site url 1',

'site url 2'

)

Re-run the registration wizard

NOTE: Backup db before doing this in case you need to roll back.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +2

Thank you for the reply ,

The first issue "VersionString too short or too long" while opening the K2 Application from List Settings has been fixed , 

1.To resolve this issue we need to update the "Application_Version" field with proper K2 App version in the Hiidden List called "K2 Settings" from App Catalog site

2.This Hidded list can be accessed by appending "/Lists/K2 Settings" after the site url .

3.This "Application_Version" was having the value as "regWiz" which was causing this issue.

but still the Registration Wizard fails in the Service Broker Step with the same error message.

Thanks,

Esaki