Solved

Workflow State Machine - How to branch to a different state based on a field value

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to figure out how to branch to a specific State based on a field value.  My workflow has 4 states - Approval, Assign, Build and Complete.  The first time a form goes through, it goes thru all 4 states successfully.  What I'm trying to do is, if a form needs to be edited, route it to the correct state without going through all 4 states.

Example...if a form is just being edited to change the scheduling or email distribution fields, it doesn't need to go thru the Approval state, it just needs to go to the Build state.  If the form is being edited to change, add or delete files, then it needs to be approved.  I have a Choice field in Nintex Forms where a radio button is selected for the type of edit.

Right now, it always just goes to the first state, Approval.  Is there a way to set it so that if the field value = "x", goto state "y"? 

icon

Best answer by Aleximo 19 April 2021, 13:39

View original

2 replies

Badge +8

u could set a condition in the first state and if the condition is true u can set the state u want to continue with.

Thanks much...this suggestion worked great...!!!