Workflow Notification from Choice Selection?

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a form where at present the user has to select another person from a "people" function to provide approval. Within the workflow the person selected receives a "flexi Task". 

I wish to limit this list to a select few users, not the entire SharePoint list currently available within the "people" function. 

I did think using a "choice" would be easiest, but then how do i get the workflow to lookup the person selected in the "choice" to then assign the flexi task to?

Many thanks. 

Andy. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey @AndrewSymcox 

Are you using a People Picker control on the form to select the user to assign the task? This would be the easiest approach as you can limit the selection options to only users in a specific SharePoint User group. This gives you control over who can be selected and can easily be used in the workflow logic.

For workflow data, you can use the tables that start with FND_BPM in the Oracle Applications Cloud Tables and Views for Common Features guide, and the Manage Tasks API in the REST API for Common Features in Oracle Applications Cloud guide. Don't query other tables or use other APIs that aren't documented.