Export workflow to visio

Badge +7

Hello,

Does anyone know of or have a way to export a Nintex workflow into any version of Visio?

This would be very helpful to me as I have a huge workflow that I am trying to document. I know that I can print the workflow or print the workflow with notes, but I am not interested in storing 36 pages.

If you can offer a solution it would be really appreciated.

Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Currently there's no a feature to export to Visio.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello Sean Docherty​ -

If needed, I generally take screenshots or use the snipping tool to grab pieces I need to capture. I also try to keep the workflow in sections (using action sets) so that I can minimize/maximize the sections I need to focus on.

I have gotten into the habit of taking the screenshots and dropping them into OneNote for easier access. Rather than going back to the wf, I can search my notebooks for what I need and I have it where ever I am.

Hope this helps!

Badge +7

Hey Jesse,

Thank you for your reply. I like the idea of using the screen shots and dropping them into OneNote for the ability to search through OneNote.

I have found another way to capture a "reasonably" decent image of  the workflow and find out some other information about the workflow at the same time. I have started to use the Nintex Workflow Analyzer for this.

The Workflow Analyzer program is a free program on CodePlex created by Aaron Labiosa. This program gives me a graphical view of my workflow that can be exported to a .png format.

The other benefit of the Nintex Workflow Analyzer is that it will examine your workflow and make suggestion's for you as to where you can improve your workflow. This has helped me out a few times. If you are a Nintex "newbie" I would recommend downloading this program and running your workflows through it.

There are several tabs with good information. The best tab in the program is the Best Practices Analyzer as seen in the screen shot below:

186600_pastedImage_0.png

All I can say is grab the program at the link above and give it a try.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Sean Docherty​ -

This is a great find! I threw a couple of my test ones in here to see what it says, and it caught some things I overlooked.

I also like how it provides some context to the issues with links to community posts on the subject.

Aaron Labiosa - I am surprised that this is not more well known. I could see this as a part of Nintex; almost like a "Pre-Check report" before publishing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey Jesse,

I am glad you found the tool useful! It was originally developed as an internal tool to help with the Support department so it never really made its way into anything official. That said, you can follow its progress on my blog over at http://aaronlabiosa.com

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

This is a requested feature on the user voice site Export workflow to visio .  Looks like it's currently under review, but you could still vote for it.  Maybe it will speed up the review process. wink.png

Badge +6

Is there anyway to get this to work with Office 365 exports?