Worklist + managed users

• 21 June 2006
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
Hi

Problem with accessing a worklist. I need to return the current requests for the user logged into the system. This should list the data for each process which is for the user. This works fine.

The second part is to display all processes for all users currently in the system. i have a total off 4 processes. 2 assigned to me the other 2 assigned to another user. How can i display the complete list?

wlc.Open("server");
wlo = wlc.OpenWorklist("ASP");

This is what i use for the first section.

i have tried to specify a user in the openworklist but it wont except any user. Within AD we do not use the manager field. It will not be implemented as managers change from job to job. Is there a way to get this to work without this field???

1 reply

Badge +11
Everything you do through K2ROM is in the context of the logged on user OR the user specified in the connection string of the connection.open method.

If you really need to, you can have one 'super user' created in AD who is the manager of each and every other user. This user would then be able to see all other worklist items.

The only other way to get a list of all worklist items would be to make use of the K2MNG object model. Please refer to the Help file for code samples.

Regards,
Ockert