InfoPath Conversion - Repeating Tables.

• 3 September 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I have an Info Path Form that I am converting to Smartform.

Part of the InfoPath has a repeating Table. the functionality is still required in the new smartform.

I've attached a screen shot of what I'm look for. Sorry I couldn't get it to upload in the post

16780i722D5336D68866F9.bmp

6 replies

Badge +10

You should be able to to use a smartform list view for that purpose. Is there a reason for not using the list view.

Badge +4

Thanks @s0m3one 

I'm very new to Smartforms, and I am still trying to get a handle on it.

Yes, mostly ethetics, I have four fields. Two of which are boolean values Yes, No. I want them to display either + for Add and - for Remove or even a dropdown box with Add and Remove.

When I create the Fields using the Wizard form K2 Designer it turns these into Checkboxes, Checkboxes are fine for some situations however in this situation it makes it unclear as to what is expected of the User.

I thought maybe a radio button group with two radio butons but it's not allowed, then I thought maybe a Dropdown with Add and Remove, but I can only use Yes and No as the Values once again making it unclear what is being asked in the form.

I'm sure there is a simle way around this I just haven't found it yet.

Badge +4
Thanks I found one solution, I created two smart objects with the values
- display
- value

In display I added "Add", "Remove"
And assigned the values of true, false
Then just check boxes to drop downs and it all worked.
Badge +10

APologies for the delay. Glad you found a solution. I wouldve just made the boolean fields into strings and then use a drop down and give the dropdown static values of Yes/Nothrough the properties. It would save creating another smartobject. BUt if your solution works well then theres no need to change.

Badge +4

Thanks @s0m3one again, your solution is correct. I was complicating it way more than was necessary in the end.

Probably because I still had the radio button idea in my head, in the end I changed the SQL smartobject to a SharePoint Smartobject and just used text as the values for the two dropdowns, which meant a simple dropdown was all I needed.

The List view is a great idea the only glitch I'm now having is that When I save to add the values in the grid I get an extra blank line for each one.Is there a way to stop it committing that final empty line.

I know why it's happening but don't know how to fix? I'm using ADD on the Toolbar to add the values, and of course the last entry I hit add one more time, which is probably what most of the users will do, when I hit save of course there is a blank line.

Is there a way to check for null entries and not allow it to be added to the grid and or remove them before committing the save?

Badge +4

A little digging later and I found 'When the View executed List item added'.

I added an advanced condition to check that the test field had been populated in the Add/Edit Row Fields.

Advanced Condition

Left Condition Add/Edit Row field I wanted to test, Operator 'Is Not Empty'

If an advanced condition is true

then apply the changes made to the row on the editable list

Simple in the end.

Thanks again.