Cant install K2 for visual studio 2010

Badge +10

HI all,

I am unable to install K2 for visual studio 2010. It was installed on my machine but I lost the ability to right click on the kprx canvas. So, as before, i repaired it using the K2 for visual studio 2010.msi file that was in the installation media several times but that didn not fix the issue. I then uninstalled it and installed to again but I get the cannot be run seperately error. 

So i tried to run blackpearl setup manager and went to the configure option and there it does not list k2 for visual studio 2010 as an option to install. It lists 2013 but not 2010. I have done this before when i was on 4.6.8 but now i have upgraded to 4.6.9, this seems to have been removed.

Has anyone had this issue. Currently, I cannot open any visual studio solutions that are k2 related such as the proecss, smartobject etc.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Badge +10

Sounds like I ran into the exact same issue.

After uninstalling you then need to run the setup from the Installation source files and not from the Setup Manager link off of the Start menu.  After doing that I could select to reinstall the VS2010 and I then got my menu options back in VS2010.

Badge +10

Thanks for reply.

That fixed the issue. Thats a strange issue.