Workflow comments not displaying

Badge +1

I am building a document approval process that uses the comments and attachments workflow process.  

Everything is working perfect, until the workflow completes.  After the workflow completes and you go into the Edit form to start the next steps the comments are no longer present and Process Instand ID is no longer attached to the item.  

What do I need to do to keep the previous comment displaying in the item even after the workflow has completed. 

Thank You, 

LizA.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
You may want to check if the user has full View permissions for the processes. It is my experience that once the user is no longer "active" in the processes they not longer have access to the comments and attachments. Try, temporarily, giving the user full View permissions and see if that resolves it. Please post if that works because I think this is an oversight in the design.
Badge +1

The user in question is me, I have Owners permissions in the SharePoint site, my K2 permissions are also enabled to allow full view.

The issue is only once the workflow completes and you go in to view past comments the ProcInstID is no longer set and the comments are no longer viewable.  

Is this a system limitation because the workflow instance has completed?